We believe that the main purpose of the church is to glorify God.
Through public worship, the expositional preaching of the scriptures, consistent Christian living, evangelism, missionary efforts and gospel centered education, we will, by God's grace, cultivate a life-giving community of faith where lives can be transformed and people can know the joy of sins forgiven.
(Ephesians 1:5-14; Colossians 1:9-10; Matthew 5:16; 1 Peter 2:9-12).
We believe that the gospel is the hope of the world. It is the best news any person could ever hear. As we read the Scriptures, we see the overarching themes of God’s providence, power and provision to redeem mankind and the created order to Himself through Jesus Christ.
As such, we believe in...
- The divine inspiration of the scriptures, the Holy Bible, inerrant and infallible in their original autographs as the revelation of God to mankind and they are of supreme and final authority on all matters including marriage, family, sexuality, morality and ethics.
- The literal six-day, special creation of the universe and all it contains as good as a result of the spoken word of God as recorded in Genesis.
- The fall of all mankind into sin and its consequences due to the willful disobedience of the first created man, Adam.
- The total depravity of mankind and their inability to work, merit or earn righteousness in and of themselves.
- The virgin birth and deity of Jesus Christ, the Perfect Man and the eternal Son of God.
- The sinless life and impeccable character of Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son.
- The willing sacrificial death of Jesus Christ as a substitutionary atonement for the penalty of our sin.
- The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ and His ascension to the right hand of God in heaven and His present life there as High Priest and Advocate for us.
- Salvation by grace alone through faith alone in the finished work of Jesus Christ alone.
- The divine empowering and birth of the church on the day of Pentecost with the power and presence of the Holy Spirit.
- The empowering and anointing of each follower of Christ with the baptism of the Holy Spirit and the continuing operation of the gifts of the Spirit for the purpose of edification, encouragement, strengthening and building up of the church enumerated in 1 Corinthians 12-14.
- The lifestyle of obedience as the greatest expression of our love and devotion to God being both Creator and Redeemer.
- The establishing of a vibrant, glorious, and victorious church as a vital instrument for reaching the world for Jesus Christ.
- The visible and bodily return of the Lord Jesus Christ at the end of the age as the scriptures have promised.
- The future resurrections of both the redeemed to eternal life and of the unregenerate to judgment and destruction.
- The ordinances of the Church, given by the Lord being water baptism and the Lord’s Table (Communion)